AbigBiz > Trade Policy > ArticleTrade Policy
What Chinese Exporters Must Know
Documents necessary for export:
The certificate of origin, FORM E, FORM A, the certificate of origin China-Pakistan FTA, the certificate of origin China-Chile FTA, CCPIT certificate, China's export inspection and quarantine certificate before shipment to Egypt.
Certification of Embassy: Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Syria.
Chinese exporters should pay attention to this information:
A. AMS should be declared in these Countries: the United States, Canada, and Mexico. (You don't need to declare for ISF in America, but the declaration for AMS should be forwarded to the United States Customs 48 hours before shipping, or you will be fined for $5000. The fee for AMS is $25 for per shipment, and the fee for revise is $40 per shipment.)
ENS should be declared in these countries: the member states of the EU, and the fee for ENS is $25-35 per shipment.
B. Wooden packages need to be suffumigated in these countries: Australia, the USA, Canada, South Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Israel, Brazil, Chile, and Panama.
C. Certificates of origin are needed in these countries: Cambodia, Canada, the United Arab Emirates, Doha, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka.
D. Indonesia stipulates that the ultimate consignee must have the right to export and import, or the customs clearance cannot be done and the goods cannot be imported, and it takes about a month to revise the bill of lading.
E. Saudi Arabian stipulation: all the goods imported to Saudi Arab should be packaged in pallets and the package should contain the information of the places of origin and shipping mark. Since February 25, 2009, all the goods that is not packed in pallets, which is against the regulation will be fined SAR1,000(US$267)/20'SAR1,500(US$400)/40'. And the consignee is responsible for the fine.
F. Brazilian stipulation:
1. Only the full set of bill of lading is acceptable, and the three original documents cannot be revised. The bill of lading must contain the information of the freight (in American dollar or euro), and "to order" bill of lading is not acceptable. The bill of lading must include the contact information (phone number and address) of the consignee;
2. The bill of lading must contain the CNPJ number of the consignee (the consignee must be a registered corporation) and the consignee must be corporation that has registered in the custom house of the port of destination;
3. The payment cannot be made against sight, and no extra charges can be made in the port of destination. The wooden packages need to be suffumigated, so more attention should be paid to the quotation of LCLs.
G: Mexican stipulations:
1. The AMS bill of lading needs to be declared, and it must contain the products codes, and the information of AMS and packing list and invoice are needed.
2. In the blank of "notify" a third notified party should be written, and normally it is the forwarder or the agent of the consignee.
3. In the blank of "shipper" the real name of the consignor should be written and in the blank of consignee the real name of the receiver should be written.
4. The name of goods cannot be generalized, and the detailed name of the product should be written.
5. Units: the concrete number of the units should be written. For example, one pallet contains 50 cartons of goods, and it cannot be written as "1 PLT" but should be written as "1 pallet containing 50 cartons".
H. What needs to be paid attention to in Chile is that: Chile doesn't accept telex release bill of lading, and the wooded packages need to be suffumigated.
I. What needs to be paid attention to in Panama is that: telex release bill of lading is unacceptable, and the wooded packages need to be suffumigated. Packing list and invoice should be forwarded;
The goods transferred to Panama from the Colon Free Zone must be able to be piled up and can be handled by forklift truck, and the weight of per unit cannot exceed 2000 kilograms.
J. What needs to be paid attention to in Colombia is that: the full amount of freight should be contained in the bill of lading (only in American dollar or euro).
K. India: caution: whether under the term of FOB or CIF, and whether the bill of lading is an order bill of lading or not, and whether you have the bill of lading or not, in India the consignee can make no payment legally, because as long as the Indian customer's name is written in the Bill of Entry and IGM when make declaration for import, you have already lost the ownership of the goods, even if you have the bill of lading. So you must get the 100% prepayment as possible as you can.
1. The customer must make timely payment, unless you have cooperated for a long time with him. Or you should ask him to pay first, or make a 75% or above prepayment.
2. When the goods reach the port of destination, you need to remind the customer to pay and to pick the goods. If nobody picks up the goods after they arrive at the port, the customhouse will confiscate the goods, and then you will need to pay a lot of money and the customer can take the goods without original bill of lading through relationships. In this market even if you have good reasons you can still fail.
3. Given the Russians' dilatory style of work, you must always remind them to make the prepayment to pick up the goods or to make the final payment.
M. Kenya: the Kenya Bureau of Standards has implemented the PVOC since September 29, 2005. So it has adopted the POVC as a stipulation of checking goods before delivery since 2005.
The products included in the catalogue of the PVOC should get the CoC certificate before delivery. The CoC certificate is a compulsory document for customs clearance in Kenya, and goods without this certificate will be denied entry into the country after they arrived at the ports of Kenya.
1. The goods exported to Egypt should be checked before packaged and inspected when packaged by the Commodity Inspection and Testing Bureau.
2. Whether the goods are stipulated by law to go through commodity inspection or not, all the customers need to provide the Credential for Change of Certificates, the formal power of attorney for inspection declaration, packing list, invoice and contracts.
3. Clear customs with the Credential for Change of Certificates in the Commodity Inspection and Testing Bureau (you can get customs clearance certificate earlier if the commodity inspection of your goods is required by law), and then make an appointment for inspection of storage in the warehouse with the cargo surveyors of the Commodity Inspection and Testing Bureau. (You need to consult the local Commodity Inspection and Testing Bureau about how many days in advance you should make the appointment.)
4. The cargo surveyors will take pictures of the empty containers first in the warehouse, and then they will check the number of containers of per shipment. The containers of per shipment can be packed only after they are checked and their pictures are taken. You can get the customs clearance certificate in the Commodity Inspection and Testing Bureau after all the containers are packed, and then you can make the clearance of goods.
5. You can get the certificate for pre-shipment inspection in the Commodity Inspection and Testing Bureau about five working days after being cleared by the customs, and the foreign customer can make the customs clearance in the port of destination with this certificate.
6. The concerned documents (certificate of origin and invoice) of goods exported to Egypt must be certified by the Egyptian Embassy in China. And only the certified and stamped documents and certificate for pre-shipment inspection can be used to clear customs and pick up goods in the Egyptian port of destination. The certification by the Embassy should be done after the declaration is made or the export data is confirmed.
7. The certification of the Egyptian Embassy would take 3-7 working days, and the whole process of getting the certificate for pre-shipment inspection would take about five working days. You can consult the local department about other issues of customs clearance and commodity inspection.
- END -
Finished browsing? You can ask me to comment and Leave a Reply!
Leave a Reply！
Risk analysis and prevention of African tradeAfrica is the area that most countries are agricultural-orieted. So for the pesti...
Analysis the lifeblood for the b2b industry websiteFor more b2b companies,seo is the main way for them to collect the resource,it wi...
Ebola Virus Reduces Import of BauxiteRecently, there have been confirmed cases and suspected cases of the Ebola virus ...
The Garbage B2B WebsitesTradeB2B concern B2B industry for many years, during which our experts have to pe...